Before I get into the meat (haha) of this post…I’m still sorting the cadence, and it could vary if something comes up, but I’m probably going to move to doing blogs and sending messages to my mailing list on a quarterly basis for a while. With the writing and editing wrapped up on the last Peaceforger book, my mind wants to dive into the next book after that. To that end, I want to maximise time spent working on the book. And, since you are more likely to be following me for my books than my life-changing blogs (heh!), I suspect you’ll appreciate that as well. Okay, onto the good stuff!
As promised when I first posted the playlist for Peace Maker, here’s a quick explanation of which place each song in the playlist is about. I’m posting the playlist again here so that there’s a bit of a buffer between this and the MANY SPOILERS in the explanations. (I mean, I’m hoping that keeping them short helps reduce spoilers, but, seriously, SPOILERS.)
Okay, last warning: SPOILERS!
- Public Image Ltd – Seattle is, well, for Seattle.
- Depeche Mode – Pipeline, from the Construction Time Again album, is for the construction equipment office where they interrogate Zane.
- The Weirdos – The Hideout is for the warehouse that’s their main hideout, cos I couldn’t think of warehouse songs and the ones with that in the title weren’t right.
- The Cure – Jumping Someone Else’s Train is for the train station where Katja meets Lex.
- Placebo – Burger Queen is for the burger joint where they eat with Lex and Marleina.
- The Geto Boys – Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta, from the Office Space soundtrack, is for the empty office where they meet Zane in the middle of the night that one time.
- Emily Haines & the Soft Skeletons – Doctor Blind is for Dr. Scott’s office.
- Manufacture – Many Machines is for the plant, and gets extra points for Dune samples. RIP MindKiller!
- Sneaker Pimps – 6 Underground is for the Seattle underground.
- The Refreshments – Banditos is for the Mexican place where Katja sees Engalls.
- The Prodigy – Fuel My Fire is for the fueling station, with extra points because it has relevant themes.
The highest number of correct or close-to-correct guesses came from Iris A. Nice work!