Before I get into the meat (haha) of this post…Iâ€™m still sorting the cadence, and it could vary if something comes up, but Iâ€™m probably going to move to doing blogs and sending messages to my mailing list on a quarterly basis for a while. With the writing and editing wrapped up on the last Peaceforger book, my mind wants to dive into the next book after that. To that end, I want to maximise time spent working on the book. And, since you are more likely to be following me for my books than my life-changing blogs (heh!), I suspect youâ€™ll appreciate that as well. Okay, onto the good stuff!
As promised when I first posted the playlist for Peace Maker, hereâ€™s a quick explanation of which place each song in the playlist is about. Iâ€™m posting the playlist again here so that thereâ€™s a bit of a buffer between this and the MANY SPOILERS in the explanations. (I mean, Iâ€™m hoping that keeping them short helps reduce spoilers, but, seriously, SPOILERS.)
Okay, last warning: SPOILERS!
- Public Image Ltd â€“ Seattle is, well, for Seattle.
- Depeche Mode â€“ Pipeline, from the Construction Time Again album, is for the construction equipment office where they interrogate Zane.
- The Weirdos â€“ The Hideout is for the warehouse thatâ€™s their main hideout, cos I couldnâ€™t think of warehouse songs and the ones with that in the title werenâ€™t right.
- The Cure â€“ Jumping Someone Elseâ€™s Train is for the train station where Katja meets Lex.
- Placebo â€“ Burger Queen is for the burger joint where they eat with Lex and Marleina.
- The Geto Boys â€“ Damn It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta, from the Office Space soundtrack, is for the empty office where they meet Zane in the middle of the night that one time.
- Emily Haines & the Soft Skeletons â€“ Doctor Blind is for Dr. Scottâ€™s office.
- Manufacture â€“ Many Machines is for the plant, and gets extra points for Dune samples. RIP MindKiller!
- Sneaker Pimps â€“ 6 Underground is for the Seattle underground.
- The Refreshments â€“ Banditos is for the Mexican place where Katja sees Engalls.
- The Prodigy â€“ Fuel My Fire is for the fueling station, with extra points because it has relevant themes.
The highest number of correct or close-to-correct guesses came from Iris A. Nice work!